I picked up a set of braided rug gadgets(something like these: )
at the thrift store for $3. I figured I’d use them to make braided rugs out of wool or old sheets.
Well, I decided to try the gadgets out on a bunch of cotton blend, stretched out and stained tees that were beyond reconstructing.
5 tees and 2 partial tees came to this 18X24 inch rug:
The gadgets worked like they were supposed to, for the most part. All the mistakes you see in the above project are just me learning.
I thought this way a fun project, really easy, frugal and not all that time or attention consuming. I spent about 6 multi-tasking hours on it start(cutting up tees) to finish(photos).