These were UFO’s from two years ago. I started a stack of six of them after seeing a tutorial on Craftster but only finished one before they were put aside. I really don’t know why I did that because they are easy to make and nice looking bags!
These are made using a pattern drafted from a plastic grocery bag, are completely lined(with a french seam!), and with front pockets allowing the bags to be folded up for tidy storage between uses.
The tutorial can be found here:
I made this quick curtain for my retro kitchen out of two scraps as part of a scrap challenge. It’s a bit small lengthwise but I had to use the entire scrap of white I had to even get this much. The fabric flowers were made using the tutorial at Pink Paper Peppermints (http://kindawonderful.typepad.com/pink_paper_peppermints/2008/06/rounded-petal-fabric-flowers-31-crafty-flowers-in-31-days–day-23.html ). I wasn’t a fan of the pattern. I used 2 inch squares instead of the recommended 3 inch squares since my red check scrap was so small. I was able to make 2 flowers with 6 petals but the rest are four. I just thought the hole in the center of the six petal flower was so big I would have needed a 1 inch diameter button to cover it. Oh well, they still turned out cute enough for my curtain!
~Those plants you see are my hubby’s projects. He’s trying to “save” them. *sigh*
I had to make a couple of quick gifts for my sisters and the fabulous pattern at Sew Ritzy (http://sewritzytitzy.blogspot.com/2008/11/from-annas-gardenfabric-flower-tutorial.html ) has been tempting me ever since I stumbled onto it two weeks ago. These were incredibly easy to make and a wonderful way to use up scrap material.
The pattern is called a batik but it’s not very authentic! But it’s bright and summery and looks nothing like a diaper bag print so I think it “matches” the last diaper bag I made for the shower presents. And now I have time to spare to make matching changing pads!
I made a diaper bag for a friend’s baby shower. I used Alexander Henry’s Yoko fabric for the outer and a lightweight embroidered polyester for the inner. It’s completely interfaced and sturdy. It’s also bigger than any diaper bag I’ve ever used or seen. Hopefully I’ll have time before next Saturday to make a changing pad to go with it but since I’m going to a double shower and need to make another one of these for the other guest of honor I just don’t know if I’ll get to it. I hope she likes it!
I did something radical with this project and used someone else’s tutorial instead of the fun of winging it. I have to stop trying to do everything myself and take advantage of other’s generosity when offered. So thank you Sew Much Ado! http://sewmuchado.blogspot.com/2008/12/free-diaper-bag-tutorial.html
Here are the finished 9 diapers in Rusty Wallace, floral, Matt Kenseth, surfing, tie-dyed and Penn State prints. They turned out so cute but they are quite small. I doubt they’ll last the baby’s first two months before they’re outgrown.
Here’s the first finished of a set of cloth diapers I’m making from our old cotton t-shirts. I used the free Fern and Faerie pattern/instructions that can be found here: http://fernandfaerie.com/sewing_fitteds.html . I chose to make the stuffable style.
The only snag I came to was the elastic around the legs. The pattern doesn’t say how long to cut the elastic. The difference between notches on the pattern for small is 10 inches so I tried 7 inches of elastic. I think that’s too long since the legs don’t seem to be cinched in very much at all. I’ll cut 6 inches for the next one.
I have a bunch of these cut and prepped that were just waiting for the velcro so now that I have velcro the next diaper post should be a picture of a stack of finished dipes.
Just a quick fix to my daughter’s basket. It’s not a holiday thing. She just likes to haul around a collection of her favorite toys wherever she goes. And they’re heavy, and plentiful! Thus, growing holes in the basket bottom allowing smaller toys to fall through.
I whipped up a quick little box-shaped liner with drawstring sides and interior pockets out of an old t-shirt and ripped delicate’s laundry bag. After I took this photo I tacked the pockets down the middle because they were too gappy.